Under a Single Payer Healthcare System, all New Yorkers would be forced to get their healthcare from a government system run by unaccountable Albany politicians. Private and Employer-sponsored healthcare coverage would be prohibited.
While proponents argue that a Single Payer Healthcare System will allow everyone to get care from any healthcare provider without utilization controls, the reality is that other countries with government-run healthcare systems impose restrictive requirements that limit choice and access to care. Read more:
- N.H.S. Overwhelmed in Britain, Leaving Patients to Wait (New York Times 1/3/18)
- If Universal Health Care Is The Goal, Don’t Copy Canada (Forbes 6/13/14)
- Waiting Your Turn: Wait Times for Health Care in Canada, 2017 Report (Fraizer Institute)
- The Top Ten Things People Believe About Canadian Health Care, But Shouldn’t (Heritage Foundation 11/10/04)
- “Health Care For All” In The Jewish State (New Republic 5/20/10)