Under a Single Payer Healthcare System, all New Yorkers would be forced to get their healthcare from a government system run by unaccountable Albany politicians. Private and Employer-sponsored healthcare coverage would be prohibited.
While proponents argue that a Single Payer Healthcare System will allow everyone to get care from any healthcare provider without utilization controls, the reality is that other countries with government-run healthcare systems impose restrictive requirements that limit choice and access to care. Read more:
- Single-Payer Is A Danger For Cancer Patients (Investors Business Daily)
- Why Single Payer Health Care Is A Terrible Option (CNN Opinion)
- Leaving Canada for Medical Care (Fraser Institute)
- AMA President: It’s Still ‘No’ to Single Payer (MedPage Today)
- Universal Health Care and Prescription Drug Pricing (Treatment Action Group)